INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY OF UROLOGICAL PATHOLOGY
CODE OF CONDUCT AND DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOUR
The International Society of Urological Pathology (ISUP) is a voluntary non-profit organization involved in the advancement of the science and clinical practice of urological pathology and promotion of education, research and publication of scientific articles and monographs in this discipline. It is expected that members of the Society will conduct business in a collegial and respectful manner with full awareness of the international nature of the Society with its diverse cultural, religious and ethnic mix.
Definition of Disruptive Behaviour:
Disruptive behaviour occurs when the use of inappropriate actions or inactions by a society member interferes with his or her ability to function well with other society members and their behaviour interferes or is likely to interfere with the activities and objectives of the Society.
Some examples of disruptive behaviour include but are not limited to:
- Inappropriate words, profane, disrespectful, insulting, demeaning or abusive language either verbally or electronically;
- Verbal and/or physical outbursts of anger;
- Bullying behavior;
- Shaming others publicly;
- Profound rudeness or demeaning comments or intimidation;
- Threats to another society member such as retribution or violence;
- Any comment or behavior found to be in violation of a human rights code such as but not limited to derogatory or offensive comments about race, color, place of origin, ethnicity, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
The International Society of Urological Pathology is committed to investigating alleged violations to this Code of Conduct Policy. The Society has a zero tolerance approach to persistent disruptive behavior. If a complaint is brought forward by a society member, it will be investigated and discussed at Council. Depending on the frequency and severity of the disruptive behavior and the level of documentation, the Council will respond with a written reprimand, suspension of membership for a period of time or revocation of membership.